Toyota Gazoo Racing World Rally Team has won the hearts of rally fans in 2020 with Autosport readers voting Elfyn Evans the Rally Driver of the Year and the Yaris WRC and Rally Car of the Year.
The honour adds further lustre to the British driver’s debut season with the team, which brought him two WRC victories with co-driver Scott Martin and runners-up spot in the drivers’ championship behind his team-mate, Sébastien Ogier. Ogier’s seventh WRC title earned him second place in the Autosport vote.
Accepting his award, Evans said: “This award is a brilliant way to round off what has been a very special year for me. My thanks go to all the Autosport readers who voted for me, the support and enthusiasm of the fans are an essential part of what we all want to achieve at Toyota Gazoo Racing World Rally Team. I can’t wait for the new season to get under way and hope that I can achieve more success for Toyota and our fans.
**The Yaris WRC was voted best rally car for the second year running. It was driven to victory in four of this year’s seven WRC rounds, bringing its all-time tally to 17 wins since its competition debut in 2017. It’s the fourth Toyota to take the Autosport title since the awards were instituted in 1982.**
- Engine type - In-line 4-cylinder turbo, direct injection
- Engine displacement - 1600 cc
- Maximum power - Over 380 PS
- Maximum torque - Over 425 Nm
- Bore / stroke - 83.8 mm / 72.5 mm
- Air restrictor - 36 mm, following FIA regulations
- Gearbox - 6 Speed hydraulic shift
- Gearbox final drive - 4 wheel drive, 2 x mechanical differentials, active center differential with torque split options.
- Clutch - Double Plate Sintered Clutch
Chassis / suspension:
- Front / rear - Macpherson
- Suspension travel - Classified
- Steering - Hydraulic Rack and Pinion
- Braking system - Gravel 300 mm air and liquid cooled, Tarmac 370 mm air and liquid cooled
Dimension and weight:
- Length / width / height 4085 mm (inc. aero device) / 1875 mm / adjustable
- Track width - Adjustable
- Wheelbase - 2511 mm
- Minimum weight - 1190 kg
- Acceleration - Classified
- Top speed - 201 kph (Ratio Specific)